Chemical Peels in New Fairfield, CT and Thornwood, NY
How Chemical Peels Work
A Chemical Peel is a dermatological treatment where a chemical is applied to exfoliate and remove the top layer of the skin. Once the outer skin is finished peeling, the new, refreshed skin will be clearer, smoother, and rejuvenated.
Why We Like Chemical Peels
The Vi Peel is so versatile that it can be used on all ages and skin types providing benefits for a variety of skin care concerns.
Prior to treatment, your aesthetician will assess your skin, recommend how many peels are needed to achieve maximum results, and go over the entire VI treatment step-by-step including what to expect during and after the peel.
Pre and Post-Treatment Do’s and Don’ts
- Stop all Retinoids 1 week prior to peel and Hydroquinone 2-3 days prior to treatment
- Use SPF post peel
- Use all products given in take-home kit for the next 7 days
- Trim peeling skin with small eyebrow scissors
- Avoid sun exposure for 2 weeks post peel
- Pick or peel at sloughing skin
- No strenuous workouts for 1-week post peel
- Use Retinoids or Hydroquinone for 1-week post treatment
- Use any skincare beside what is provided in your take-home kit